Auditions for "Communicating Doors"
Auditions for "Communicating Doors" by Alan Ayckbourn, directed by Suzan Lorraine. Sunday, May 15th and Monday, May 16th - 7:00 p.m. - Callbacks, if necessary, on Thusday, May 19th - 7:00 pm Rehearsals: Generally Monday - Thursday beginning May 24th
Show run: July 22 - August 20, 2011
Location: Actors Ensemble of Berkeley, 1301 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley (For directions, go to aeofberkeley.org.)
A comedy-thriller time travel love story with a little farce thrown in for good measure (yes, all of those - and more!), Communicating Doors is one of Ayckbourn's best and most challenging plays.
For detailed information about the play, go to http://communicatingdoors.alanayckbourn.net/index.htm. Please read about the characters on the play website before the auditions. Be prepared to run the gamut of emotion and ages. Auditions are cold read - no monologues.
Characters - three men and three women:
- Reece: A businessman - aged 30 & 70
- Jessica: Reece's first wife - aged 25 & 45
- Ruella: Reece's second wife - aged 45
- Julian: Reece's business associate - aged 45 & 65
- Poopay/Phoebe: A dominatrix prostitute - aged 33
- Harold: House detective - aged 35 & 55
NOTE: BRITISH ACCENTS REQUIRED. Some coaching provided.